Monday, January 18, 2010

4Day Weekend!

The rest of last week went pretty well. I had a quiz in Arthurian Literature on Thursday that I was a bit nervous about because I didn't know how my professor would format her quizzes. We were given 90 minutes to take it, but she said it wouldn't take that long. So I started writing. And then I couldn't stop. It took me the FULL 90 minutes to complete that quiz that only had 10 questions, not because I couldn't think of the answers but because I had so much to say. Everyone else but 1 or 2 people finished at about the 45 minute-1 hour mark. I just wanted to be sure I didn't leave anything out.

After the quiz, we were supposed to start reading the next book. My book has yet to come in. It should have arrived on Wednesday of last week, along with 2 other packages, because I paid triple the price of the book for expedited shipping. None of those packages have arrived. I did, however, receive the tank tops I ordered because, hello, they were on SALE. Those tank tops won't really help me in class on Tuesday when I'm supposed to know all about Sir Lancelot and his daring attempts to save Guinevere.

We have officially moved on to the courtly romance portion of Arthurian Literature and to help us better understand the appropriate mindset, the professor gave us a list compiled by a medieval writer entitled 'The Rules of Love.' It is absolutely hysterical. He defines romantic love and then lists 31 rules of love. My personal favorite is #15- "Every lover turns pale in the presence of his beloved." My face has never changed color with my emotions and the only time my face pales is in the winter when I don't get much sun. Some of the rules are fairly true, but then you get ones like #13- "Love rarely lasts when it is revealed." Bogus.

Anywho, my 4-day weekend was off to a good start on Friday when Ana and I headed out to the beach. It was chilly, but significantly warmer than it had been in weeks.


We just walked along the water and took pictures and then danced around on the very wide expanse of sand.


It was very low tide. I found a jellyfish. I know, it looks like a skull.


Ana wanted to poke it.


The water made such pretty patterns on the sand.




Look! Birdie tracks!


This is me. Not quite sure what I am doing.


And this is the island where I'm going camping! When it's low tide, you can walk there, but when the tide is in, you can swim. That's what I want to do. All my stuff will be in a kayak that I'll be pulling along after me.



The island is completely uninhabited so I can build a bonfire and do all manner of illegal things. Haha. It will be fabulous.


Friday night, Ana and I decided to actually sit down and watch a movie. Diedeliff and Casey came over and brought Ben & Jerry's, but then we couldn't decide on a movie. Ana and D went back and forth for 45 minutes and we weren't any closer to watching a movie. Ana then decided that she wanted to do karaoke, so she and Diddledoo found karaoke stuff on Youtube. For 2 1/2 hours they tried to get me to sing and I refused. It was ridiculous.

Movie plans for Sunday night didn't work out so well either. I was supposed to get together with some friends at their apartment, make spaghetti bolognese, and watch the Sound of Music. But somehow 3 people turned into 8 and I was making much more food and there was no Sound of Music. It was fun anyway. I actually felt like a real college student because I was cooking with wine, the guys were drinking Dos Equis, and we all squeezed around a little table in the living room.

Today is Monday, the last day of the 4-day weekend. Yesterday, I made plans to run in Forsyth this morning because the weather forecast said sunny and not too cold. Well, it's sunny and not too cold, but I forgot that my tennis shoes are in one of those packages that has yet to arrive. Rats. Maybe I'll get up the motivation to do some lunges and crunches instead.

Maybe not.

No comments: