Monday, October 12, 2009

Something Cute


I took a stroll down Broughton Street this afternoon to look for a birthday gift for Kaleigh. Her birthday is RAPIDLY approaching and I, a girl who prides herself on giving good gifts to her friends, couldn't think of a thing for her.

Hoping that stopping in some of the cute little shops like Vintage General and Paris Market would spark my imagination, I took a peek into Goodwill because they sometimes have a nifty doohickey or two. Last year, I found this fantastic doodad.


Today, I happened upon this lovely little ramekin and I got so very excited. It was both microwave oven and freezer proof. It was only 75¢. It was quite obviously meat to be mine.

I can do so many things with this! I can make a creme brulee, a double chocolate bread pudding, a pots de creme, a souffle, and a flan. Except that I don't really like flan. It's just on the list because I could make it if I wished to do so. Or I could make this. Or this. Ooh, or this.


All of my single serving dishes will be just darling. I can't wait!

No comments: