Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hello Again, & Welcome to Ari's First Day of School


This morning I sat in my intermediate math class, feeling a little ridiculous for two reasons (neither of them being that I am a senior and in a simple math class). The first was that I was wearing red lipstick.  At eight in the morning.  Glossy Red Revival lips.  I put it on for NiSi after breakfast because she wanted to see what red lipstick was like.  I didn’t bother wiping it off which is something I began to reconsider halfway through class.  But I guess the lipstick wasn’t completely out of place since I was rocking the pseudo-biker chick look with a classy flair.  I was in my boots, dark jeans, and leather jacket with a 1920’s finger wave hairdo for a touch of sophistication.  I don’t think anyone in college anywhere dresses the way I do for early morning classes.

The second reason for feeling a bit ridiculous was that Professor McClendon was rambling.  He seems like a nice man, middle-aged, probably in his fifties and looks like the stereotypical professor—graying hair, glasses, and a sweater with a starchy white collar underneath.  But, for 2 ½ hours, he had been explaining fractions, decimals, and negative numbers—information I have known since at least fifth grade.  He’s very thorough in his teaching, but I am looking ahead to the next ten weeks where I wake up early in the cold twice a week to sit in a classroom to hear him spill on for 2 ½ hours about things I already know.  But I like math and I knew what I was getting into when I registered for this class 10 weeks ago.  Professor McClendon said at the beginning of class that he would not assign specific homework, but that we should practice on our own.  I’m pretty sure I’ll be the only one in class doing that. And I’ll just plan on bringing something to occupy my time during class, like writing these blog posts.  Honestly, that’s probably why I decided to begin writing again, because I know that on Mondays and Wednesdays between 8 a.m. and 10:30, I will have nothing to do.  I won’t be posting as often as I did before, probably once, maybe twice a week, but it’s still something.  You’re welcome : )

And in case some of you want the details, I will probably be posting about my accident tomorrow evening.  And I'll also have to explain who NiSi is. I can tell, you're just dying in anticipation.

Additionally,  I will be making some changes to the format of the blog, as you may have already noticed, so don't get so concerned that you went to the wrong blog when you show up in a few days and all the colors have switched around.  In the words of my best friend, just embrace it.

Arielle



1 comment:

LulingBelle said...

Well looky-looky whose back online. Good to have you back and waiting in anticipation for your next riveting post. LOL