Saturday, November 14, 2009

Final Stretch

It's the final weekend, and I feel like I'm cheating a little bit. All of my friends and pretty much every SCAD student I know are scurrying around, sleep-deprived, trying to finish up final projects. I however went down to the lab yesterday, did a few hours of work, and felt like I was in a good place and could dedicate today to a shopping adventure with Ana. And that's what I did. I went shopping today and, for under $100, I bought a fantastic pair of trouser jeans, white slacks, 2 nice tops, a dress, and a sparkly pink scarf. I have so many more clothing combinations to consider now. Which is good, but it's also bad because I probably just added about 35 minutes to the time it takes me to pick out what to wear.

All that to say, I feel a little guilty because I don't have nearly as much work as everyone else and can spend the Saturday before finals at the outlets with a 30% off coupon.

Aside from that, I have been waiting all week to get paid so that I can go shopping because I haven't been shopping since mid-August and I suddenly got the urge to get new things. So I thoroughly enjoyed my Saturday.

I'll be home in 6 days! It's exciting stuff. I have been gone 11 weeks so far and I think it's high time to go home. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I get a real job and they don't have breaks for me to go home every 2 months or so. That's something I'll tackle when I get to it I suppose.

Anywho, my parents are picking me up from the airport Friday night and we're going to Camellia Grill, and I'm going to get a job, and I'm going to cook, and I'm going to read and study, and I'm going to do all manner of other things. Not all in one night of course, although Camellia Grill will happen the night I fly in.

For Thanksgiving, we're going to drive over to Laffy to pick up Marisa and it'll be a mini road trip to Pineville. We're just going to put Mama and Daddy and Wesley in the back seat and pretend like it's just the two of us and belt out all the new music I got. There will be some Owl City, some Rihanna, some Sweet Caroline, some Michael Buble. I know, it's quite a mix. Wesley will be begging us to stop 4 minutes into the trip, but we'll just pretend like we can't hear him.

I have all this stuff I've planned to do over the break because if I don't, I'll be bored out of my mind and that is one of the worst feelings. I also have to have a plan for when I come back in January, you know, new goals and the like.

Goal #1 I am going to exercise again. I slacked off this quarter with all the busyness of RAing and classes and such, but my schedule next quarter should be better and more conducive to working out.

Goal #2 I am going to do at least 3 volunteer projects with SOS, like Pet Project with the Humane Society or heART with the kids at the hospital.

Goal #3 I am going to set up a weekly or bimonthly program for me and my residents at Mr. Pizza or Gallery Espresso or something. Emily is crazy busy with architecture stuff and she still has a time every week to meet with her residents. So if she can do it, I can do it.

Goal #4 Thea will be here! So it goes without saying that I will have to be much more on top of my time management so that I can spend every spare second at her apartment cooking and laughing and painting our toes and having girl talk.

Gahhh! Can't wait to be home!

Creole Belle

No comments: