Thursday, March 1, 2012

Cover Design

One day, intend to have an entire library in my house with floor to ceiling windows and sliding ladders.  Think Beauty and the Beast.  Because I like books that much.

As a designer, I also like pretty things, well designed things.  I simply cannot tolerate poor design in my presence.  So when I have books in which one finds excellent content but on whose covers is sad design, I cringe inside.  Alas! I have a solution to the problem.  I make my own covers.  Genius.

This is what I have done.  The first one is done by hand with pen and ink, the others are printed on craft paper.


After I did one, I got really excited and wanted to recover all of my ugly books.  Problem: I don't have many ugly books because of my opposition to poor design.  That's unfortunate.  At least now I am no longer opposed to ordering the ugly, albeit cheaper, books on Amazon.

No comments: