Friday, September 18, 2009

I Now Know How to Change a Tire

Thursday began as an adventure. At least that's what I'm choosing to call it. I refuse to label a day as bad because then it surely will be. It's as if once I say it, I have cursed the day and then I'm doomed. Ana, the roomie, switched into my Survey of Computer Arts Applications class, so I was going to ride with her to class instead of taking the bus. When we got to her car, I went around to the passenger side to discover that her front tire was flat. Lovely. Our only other option was to take the bus. The bus was late and the driver was clearly new. It was not an ideal morning, to say the least.

After class, we geared up to change a tire, which included changing out of our cute clothes into more appropriate tire-changing apparel. Decked out in t-shirts and gym shorts and armed with 12-step instructions on how to change a tire, we marched down to Ana's car. I am proud to announce that we successfully changed her tire in 20 minutes. We were feeling pretty good about our first attempt, and if the doughnut we put on hadn't been flat, it would have been perfect.

Note to self: When I own a car, keep air in the spare tire.

No comments: